Kingdoms Tales
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kingdoms Tales

A fantasy roleplaying forum dedicated to rping sites that enjoy good stories and imagination. It is the official boards for Palanestina, but also the home of other roleplay ideas such as medieval Kingdoms and ancient lands

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Cautious Return

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Linden Rathan
General
General
Linden Rathan

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2007-05-31

A Cautious Return Empty
PostSubject: A Cautious Return   A Cautious Return Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 10:13 pm

Linden strode in flanked by two men almost as tall as he was... all three were armored, heavy overlapping plates that once were ornate pieces of finery now heavily battered, marred and scratched by battle. Each man sported his own set of bandaged limbs, the man to Linden’s right wore an eyepatch with a red painted eye on it giving him a look of fearsomeness though his lips remained still and he seemed complacent. As complacent as a leopard waiting for a hunt. Linden’s hair had grown long, down to his shoulder blades, silver streaked through his dark reddish hair and his face looked as battered and scarred as his armor. A wide bandage wrapped around his temple covering his left eye…

“Why can’t we just go back to the Palace, Lord General… what makes you think they’ll banish us if we return.. I mean.. we’ve returned!”

His silent broodings were broken by his first Lieutenant’s argument… Linden rounded on him and spoke quietly, though not in an unkind manner, but one of frustrated weariness… his eyes were changed, looked older… irises that once shone blue were now rimmed with red… a sign of closer unity with his Dragonsouled. Indeed he hoped he had changed enough, though beside looking haggard and weary, it was not much… he dreaded returning to his Queen – even in his head it sounded more like ‘his Love’ –

“Be thankful you are a good soldier, Gein, because otherwise that lack of a filter between brain and mouth would get you killed! I already explained to you why we have to keep a low profile for now… I miss the Queen terribly but I cannot show my face in such shame… it’s a wonder that you can even think it”

The man – Gein was his name – went a slight crimson and bowed his head… the slightly more slender but built man at his side gave the slightest smile, but it was wiped off when Linden rounded on him with his red rimmed irises..

“And you, Takeo, if I even see you with your behemoth of a sword in the same view… or a brawl at that. Be warned, you will know how hard I run my soldiers and why they Always stay in line.”

A creeping smile from Gein was stilled by another glare… before he turned again and took a seat the bar… the two men taking tables at opposite ends of the room in the shadows…

“A drink please”

He croaked realizing his voice sounded exactly the same as it always had… exactly the same as he had delivered his speech before the Talorian War.. and everyone had heard that..

“Anything you have…”

It seemed like years since he had come back to his home of Palanestina… but his story was one that might not be believed if not given time.. He would not hide completely.. he would make his deference and respect to his queen and her authority clear before he approached.
Back to top Go down

A Cautious Return
Page 1 of 1